|Status : Published||Published On : Apr, 2021||Report Code : VRICT5154||Industry : ICT & Media||Available Format :||Page : 158|
The high demand for 3D animation in smartphone apps, games, and movies for improved viewing experience, technical developments in 3D scanners, 3D sensors, and other acquisition devices, the availability of 3D content, and the introduction of 3D-enabled display devices for better navigation experience are the key factors driving the growth of the 3D mapping and modelling industry. In addition, the advent of AI and Machine Learning (ML) technology to improve the accuracy of 3D content and user experience with HD 3D viewing is expected to create opportunities for companies operating in the 3D mapping and modelling industry across multiple verticals.
What is 3D Mapping and Modelling?
The 3D Mapping and Modelling can be referred to as a technology used to build 3D environments. It is a time-saving technique and allows to get a crisp view of the project, scenery, or building site from computer-generated files. A 3D model allows to consider the material needs and the projected project costs for an architect. The technology assists in the simulation of the project's prototype to grasp the organisation.
• Software Tools
• 3D Mapping
• 3D Modeling
• Professional Services
• System Integration and Implementation
• Support and Maintenance
• Managed Services
By software tools, the 3D Mapping software tools segment is expected to account for a higher market share during the forecast period.
The introduction of 4D technologies is projected to provide the demand for 3D visualisation and modelling development applications with growth opportunities. The increasing use of different 3D visualisation technologies for video games and theatrical films, such as AI, blockchain, and IoT, is expected to fuel the demand for 3D mapping and modelling.
The introduction of 4D technologies is expected to provide the demand for 3D mapping and modelling software tools with potential for expansion. The demand is expected to be fuelled by the increasing use of various 3D imaging technologies, such as AI, blockchain, and IoT, for video games and theatrical films.
By 3D Mapping Application
• Inspection and Measurement
• Object Reconstruction
• Projection and Navigation
• Reporting and Virtualization
• Others (disaster management, infrastructure management, and asset and property management)
In the 3D mapping and modelling market by 3D mapping application, the reporting and virtualization segment is expected to record the highest market growth rate during the forecast period.
The infrastructure for creating high-quality digital content is being embraced by organisations. It helps make amazing visualisations for 3D designers that can be used in any field. In order to map 3D structures and 3D content properly on the surface, 3D mapping technology is used. By 3D mapping, real-time vitalization accomplished helps clients to better interpret the designs and models. The technology of virtualization is becoming popular as it allows architects and engineers to move on their projects to customers. It also helps to trace their templates on the surface for creators, animators, sculptors, and other visual artists.
• North America (Largest market)
• Middle East and Africa
• Latin America
North America is expected to hold the largest market size in the global 3D mapping and modelling market during the forecast period.
Increasing demand from small and medium companies and government departments for a practical simulated view of the product for marketing purposes will fuel demand for North American 3D mapping and modelling products.
Any of the factors driving demand growth in Europe are increasing cloud and IoT adoption and increasing online usage.
During the forecast period, APAC is anticipated to record the highest growth rate. It is anticipated that the adoption of 3D mapping and modelling technologies by various verticals, such as engineering and development, and government and defence, will lead to market growth in the APAC region.
Significant growth in Building and Construction:
• There appears to be a continuous upgradation when it comes to construction designs and architectural standards owing to rapid infrastructural growth in different emerging regions around the world.
• In addition, the architectural industry has expanded dramatically, with the exception of the recent temporary setback in the sense of the COVID pandemic, with a growing number of new architectural firms joining the market with creative designs and software, offering improved services such as urban planning upgrades that are projected to expand the demand for design technology involving 3D models.
• 3D mapping allows architects to design, schedule, and handle site logistics by geolocating and constructing models of construction sites, facilities, and structures. Zmapping, a London-based firm, for example, offers 3D simulations to construct some of the most robust and precise 3D city background models for developers, local councils, and master planners.
• Rapid urbanisation leads to increased infrastructure growth, leading to increased demand for 3D technology. The rise of smart cities in India and China is projected to fuel the need for applications for 3D mapping and modelling.
The demand for strengthening ASW capabilities is one of the major factors driving the market
The high demand for 3D animation in smartphone apps, games, and movies for improved viewing experience, technical developments in 3D scanners, 3D sensors, and other acquisition devices, the availability of 3D content, and the introduction of 3D-enabled display devices for better navigation experience are the major factors driving the growth of the 3D mapping and modelling industry.
In addition, the advent of AI and Machine Learning (ML) technology to improve the accuracy of 3D content and user experience with HD 3D viewing is expected to create opportunities for companies operating in the 3D mapping and modelling industry across many verticals.
Emergence of AI and ML technologies to boost the 3D content accuracy
AI has the ability to take the demand for 3D mapping into hyper-growth. AI technology will describe the data acquisition workflow that is necessary for 3D maps to be created.. AI innovations are also supposed to improve the precision of 3D maps. In addition, while creating maps from point-cloud data, AI solves the problems of operational downtime.
In addition, 3D models allow users to participate in improved urban planning and evaluate the possible effect of new building developments on the environment. AI technology consists of numerous building block technologies, including ML, deep learning, and Natural Language Understanding (NLU), which create data analysis algorithms and find models that predict effects or understand the context with considerable accuracy and increase the quality of existing data. Big data applications and services focused on AI support industry verticals with the automation and early detection of illegal practises that can be stopped by predictive modelling. In order to incorporate different features, businesses such as Google are now using AI, such as image recognition, suggestions, prediction, and improving its accuracy and performance. The same can be seen in 3D sensing for other firms to maximise prospects.
Stringent government regulations and lack of investments
The lack of investment in resources hinders the development of the market for 3D mapping and modelling. Insufficient availability of funds inhibits R&D operations, training staff, and the procurement of advanced technology. Investment in the implementation of the new technology guarantees the productivity of the job environment and improves the industry's amount of prospects. Slow return on investment (ROI) in the animation industry is one of the key factors for the poor attraction of investors. As a result, private investors are hesitant to enter the market for 3D imaging and modelling.
Increasing corruption and piracy concerns
Abuse and threats of piracy continue to be revealed to the animation industry.. Companies have developed detection and monitoring systems to inhibit the illicit download of 3D mapping and simulation tools in order to control piracy.. In fact, this has facilitated the use of legitimate digital content for consumers.
Flexible business plans need to be implemented, however, to develop prevention techniques and take aggressive action by creating anti-piracy cells and spreading awareness.
Key Markets Players:
• Autodesk (US)
• Golden Software (US)
• Trimble (US)
• Bentley Systems (US)
• Intermap Technologies (US)
• Alphabet (US)
• Saab AB (Sweden)
• Airbus (The Netherlands)
• Esri (US)
• Dassault Systèmes (France)
• Adobe (US)
• Apple (US)
• WRLD (UK)
• GeoDigital (US)
• Mapbox (US)
• DeepMap (US)
• Civil Maps (US)
• Hivemapper (US)
• Ivl5 (US)
• Shapr3D (Hungary)
• In September2020, Autodesk announced that two of its flagship devices, Navisworks and BIM 360 Model Coordination, both of which are commonly used by developers, engineers, and design teams, will introduce a new model coordination workflow.
• April 2020-Edition 3D Max 2021 launched by Autodesk. The firm's new edition focuses on modelling and textures by leveraging efficiency enhancements. Support for Python3, scriptable baking, and further emphasis on CAD-related workflows and interoperability with Autodesk CAD software such as AutoCAD and Revit have also been introduced to the update.
• Trimble announced in November 2019 that Trimble Clarity is now available as a stand-alone web application which simplifies 3D data visualisation and navigation.
Source: VynZ Research
Source: VynZ Research